Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Witch Tree Revisited


how
appropriate..
I find you
just before
Halloween
you are still
shouting
and you still look
quite mean
all you need
is a black hat
and a rickety broom
‘cuz you're scary
enough
screaming all
that doom
so I’ll check
on you often
now that I
know where
you are
and bring you
some cheer
I don’t live
very far..
maybe in Spring
when the
wild flowers
return
your plight
will be solved
and I will
finally learn
why your ranting
and raving
goes on
for so long..
or maybe
you are warning
us all with
a song?
to slow down
on the mountain
‘cuz you’re tired
of seeing,
the loss and
destruction
of each
human being,
that the mountain
consumes
because it’s
bigger than we…
I think that’s
what’s happening
oh my dear sad, Witch Tree.

*See the previous post of "Oh Witch Tree", July 13, 2008

No comments: