Saturday, January 05, 2013


Small Stone - Jan 5


Today I visited a lady who is the mother of my best friend when I was growing up.  They lived two houses down from us all through my childhood.  I hadn’t seen her in over 40 years.  When I walked through the door of her house she was sitting in her chair and when she saw me she jumped up and gave me the biggest hug.  We talked about old times like it was yesterday and 40 years had not gone by.  Her smile, her eyes, looked the same to me, and she said that I looked the same as I did the last time she saw me.  We weren’t referring to our aged earthly bodies we were looking into each other’s souls.  Mrs. H will be 81 next week.  How young she must have been when I was growing up.

moonless night
so many stars hidden
in the darkness


No comments: